1. Participants must reside, work or study in the City of Monash, or be a member of the Monash Public Library Service (MPLS).
2. One entry per person.
3. The competition will be judged in three sections: Category A: 12-14 years (500 words max) Category B: 15-17 years (1,000 words max) Category C: Adult (2,000 words max)
4. Exceeding the word limit will result in disqualification.
5. Entries must be the entrant’s own original work.
6. Students undertaking VCE may submit VCE writing assignments provided they meet Conditions 1, 2, 3 and 4.
7. For the purpose of this competition, a short story is defined as A work of fiction written in prose or narrative format that meets the size limitations outlined in Condition 3. A short story does not include poetry or scripts or images.
8. Entries must be typed and in a minimum size 12 font and submitted as a text/word document only (NO PDF or other file formats).
9. Entries will be judged on content
10. Entries must be submitted online unless special permission is given by MPLS.
11. Competition opens Friday, 21 June 2019 at 10am.
12. Competition closes Saturday, 27 July 2019 at 4pm.
13. Entries by persons under 18 years of age must be verified by a parent/guardian via the online submission process.
14. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Personal details must NOT be included on the short story document itself otherwise it will be disqualified from the competition.
16. Submitted entries may be used and published in part or full by the City of Monash on their websites and other media UNLESS written notice withdrawing consent accompanies the entry at the time of submission.
17. The Monash Public Library Service reserves the right to send promotional information about the competition and other related programs and events up to 12 months after the receipt of the personal details of entrant.
Return to ShortStory submission