Council is committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment for our customers and staff.
Mask wearing & safe use of our library services
Anyone visiting the library will be asked to:
- Keep a distance of 1.5m from other customers whenever possible
- Receive service at the screened service points only
- Provide their name and phone number before entry for the purpose of possible contact tracing
- Not enter the library if unwell
- Please use hand sanitizer
Wearing of face masks is optional but if you do, please ensure both your nose and mouth are fully covered.
Mask wearing links
Council considers the following behaviour unacceptable:
- Unsociable behaviour such as harassment, aggression or the use of inappropriate language.
- Acting in a manner that creates a nuisance, endangers any other person, or interferes with the use and enjoyment of the library by any other person.
- Acting in a manner that is contrary to a sign, or contrary to a lawful direction of the Librarian in charge or an Authorised Officer.
- Misusing library resources, including destroying or damaging library property and noncompliance with the Computer and Internet/WiFi Conditions of Use.
- Library staff have the right to ask people behaving in an unacceptable manner to leave the building, in accordance with City of Monash Local Law No 3.
- People who consistently behave in an unacceptable manner may be denied access to certain library resources or refused entry to the library for a specified period, depending on the circumstances and nature of the unacceptable conduct.
- Children under the age of 11 years must be supervised by a responsible adult. Safeguarding children and young people.
- People using the internet must accept and abide by the Computer and Internet/WiFi Conditions of Use.
- Conditions of Computer, Wi-Fi and Internet Use are available in other languages.