We welcome all visitors to the library when we reopen and ask that you treat staff and customers with courtesy and respect.
Council is committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment for our customers and staff when the library is open.
Mask wearing & safe use of our library services
Anyone visiting the library will be asked to:
- Wear a fitted face masks. Please ensure both your nose and mouth are fully covered.
- Keep a distance of 1.5m from other customers whenever possible
- Receive service at the screened service points only
- Provide their name and phone number before entry for the purpose of possible contact tracing
- Not enter the library if unwell
- Please use hand sanitizer
Mask wearing links
Council considers the following behaviour unacceptable:
- Unsociable behaviour such as harassment, aggression or the use of inappropriate language.
- Acting in a manner that creates a nuisance, endangers any other person, or interferes with the use and enjoyment of the library by any other person.
- Acting in a manner that is contrary to a sign, or contrary to a lawful direction of the Librarian in charge or an Authorised Officer.
- Misusing library resources, including destroying or damaging library property and noncompliance with the Computer and Internet/WiFi Conditions of Use.
- Library staff have the right to ask people behaving in an unacceptable manner to leave the building, in accordance with City of Monash Local Law No 3.
- People who consistently behave in an unacceptable manner may be denied access to certain library resources or refused entry to the library for a specified period, depending on the circumstances and nature of the unacceptable conduct.
- Children under the age of 11 years must be supervised by a responsible adult. Safeguarding children and young people.
- People using the internet must accept and abide by the Computer and Internet/WiFi Conditions of Use.
- Conditions of Computer, Wi-Fi and Internet Use are available in other languages.