What is the Home Library Service?
Monash Public Library Service provides a free monthly delivery of library materials to members of our community who are physically unable to visit the library.
The Home Library Service program is specifically for Monash residents who are housebound, including those who are:
- Unable to visit the library due to poor health
- Restricted by some form of disability (including visual impairment)
- Carers who are unable to leave the home
- Frail and elderly
- Residents of an aged care facility (such as a retirement village and/or nursing home)
- We also offer a short-term service (for those for example) who are recovering from an operation.
To discuss your eligibility, or to help with providing this service as a volunteer, contact the Positive Ageing Librarian on 03 9518 3030.
How does it work?
Library staff will contact you to develop a profile of your reading interests. Material will be selected and delivered to your door (or aged care residence) once a month by our volunteers.
Bulk loans are made available to some Aged Care Institutions.
Memory Lane collection