Books for Carers and for those with Memory Loss: Introducing our Memory Lane Collection.
- Brightly illustrated or photographed books
- A range of topics that will stimulate memory and reminiscences
- Larger print
- Simple text
- Encourages reading despite limitations - which has been shown to improve quality of life*
- Consists of non-fiction, children’s fiction and adult/large print books.
- Contains biographies of people who experience Dementia /Alzheimer’s disease
- Contains activity and support books for Carers
- Includes fiction titles with cheerful stories and wry humour from best selling authors.
To find titles in our library's Memory Lane collection, use the link here to search the catalogue, or ask our friendly staff.
Find the Memory Lane titles in our library catalogue.
Home Library Services may also be available for you or your loved one.
*Bibliotherapy: Reading for wellbeing in old age (86kb pdf) by Susan McLaine. Presented at Bibliotherapy Alzheimer’s Australia Dementia Forum 2012.
Monash Public Library Service is embarking on a journey to develop a Dementia Friendly Library Service with input from Alzheimer’s Australia. The City of Monash is one of seven Victorian cities that are Age Friendly Cities. Age Friendly Services in the City of Monash
Find out about the City of Monash Positive Ageing Lifestyle services and newsletter.