There are still people who need help to access the Internet and learn essential digital skills.
Being a Digital Mentor is about inspiring people to try using digital technology and supporting them through the first steps of learning in your community.
In this two-part course conducted via Zoom, you will learn about the BeConnected initiative and the skills and strategies to become an effective digital mentor.
You must attend both sessions and have a current Police Check (MPLS will organise and pay for this if attendees don't have one) to obtain your certificate. This course is particularly suited to volunteers, community group members and those working with/ helping seniors who lack digital skills and confidence. Select the sessions to suit
Workshop 1: Book now using TryBooking.
Dates: Thursday 8 October, Thursday 5 November, Thursday 3 December
Time: 10am - 12.30pm
Workshop 2 : Book now using Try Booking
Dates: Wednesday 14 October - note the time has changed to 10am - 12.30pm, Wednesday 11 November, Wednesday 9 December
Time: 1.30pm - 4pm.
You will need to have completed the first part of the Digital Mentor training to join the second workshop. This second workshop will cover learning resources within the BeConnected topic library and how to facilitate discussions and activities as a mentor within your group sessions.
Computer and Internet Requirements.
Enquiries: Helen Carey (Lead Digital Mentor)
Telephone: 9563 4138
- Participants will require a reliable wifi connection and a computer or tablet/iPad.
- To fully participate you should ideally have access to a webcam and microphone on your device but this isn't essential.
- This workshop will be run on the Zoom video conferencing tool If you are accessing the event from your mobile or tablet you will need to download the Zoom application beforehand via your Google Play or Apple App store.
- If you are using a laptop you can access ZOOM in your web browser by following the link which will be emailed to you.
- Zoom information
- Bookings are essential so we can send a secure Zoom link via your email before the event.
Date & Time
05 November 2020 | 10:00AM
11 November 2020 | 01:30PM
03 December 2020 | 10:00AM
09 December 2020 | 01:30PM