Gender Equity Advisory Committee
The role of the committee is to provide Council with advice on improving gender equity within the Monash community, to actively encourage women’s full and equal participation in community life, and assist with the implementation of Council’s Monash Health and Wellbeing Plan and Gender Equity Framework.
To provide Council with advice on improving gender equity within the Monash community to actively encourage women's full and equal participation in community life.
The committee assists in the implementation of Monash's Gender Equity Framework and:
- Advocates for gender equity within the Monash community and beyond
- Provides feedback and advice to Council on the gender equity implications of its policies, plans and services
- Considers funding and other opportunities as they may arise
- Provides advice to Council on gender equity issues
- Contributes to the promotion of Council and community collaborations that support and promote gender equity and the prevention of violence against women
At its 29 November 2022 meeting, Council endorsed the appointment of Deborah Wu as the new Women’s Health East Organisational representative for the Gender Equity Advisory Committee for a 2-year term.
Council thanks Women’s Health East Representative, Kirsty Kain, for her contribution.
At its 30 March 2021 meeting, Council endorsed the appointment of the following 5 people to the Gender Equity Advisory Committee, each for a 2-year term:
- Emily Pham
- Christopher Unwin
- Jade McNamara
- Nandini Sungupta
- Prabha Arachchige
Council endorsed 2-year extensions for the following five existing committee members:
- Jasmine Howlett
- Fiona Marshall
- Diana Hansen
- Tania Rose
- Debbie Lee
- Shamiso Murambi
- Alex Mills
- Kirsty Kain
At its 30 April 2019 meeting, Council endorsed another appointment to the committee for a 2-year term:
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference - Gender Equity Advisory Committee(PDF, 398KB)
Contact Officer: Gender Diversity and Equity Coordinator, on 9518 3269