Filming Permit

If you want to film on a street in Monash, you need to apply for a filming permit.

The application requires the following information:

  • The size and number of vehicles needed to be parked at the location
  • Parking restrictions
  • All street, park and local activity must be taken into consideration, for example, garbage collection, business and sports
  • Residents within the affected area must be given a minimum of 48 hours' notice
  • A copy of your $20,000,000 (minimum) Public Liability Policy, including Council’s interest noted, must be submitted with your application

If the application is approved, a permit for a maximum period will be issued. This may vary depending on the location.

A minimum of 2 weeks’ notice must be given to Council before filming starts.

You may also need:

  • An Occupy Roadway Permit if you need to occupy part of any kind of a road, laneway, footpath, nature strip, car park, or road reserve for filming purposes. Please refer to Council's Hoarding/Occupy Roadway Permit. You may need to allow extra time for your application to be reviewed.
  • To provide Council with a traffic management plan, depending on the size and place of the area you want to film in.

There are 2 types of filming permits:

Submitting your application 

If you need an Occupy Roadway Permit, this needs to be approved before you can submit your permit application form.  

Payments - only after permit application has been assessed/approved.   


Email Application Form to:

Do not email credit card details.

Phone 9518 3555 and pay with your credit card.



Forward Application Form to:

City of Monash
Community Laws PO Box 1
Glen Waverley VIC 3150

In Person

Visit Council Offices at:

Civic Centre, 293 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley


Oakleigh Service Centre, 3 Atherton Road, Oakleigh