Additional Kindergarten Support
Families - do you need kindergarten advice for your child?
You can access information about kindergarten in many different languages at Information about kindergarten in your language (Victorian Government)
- Does my child have to go to kindergarten?
- Should I send my child to kindergarten now or wait another year?
- What support can kindergarten educators offer to meet my child's needs?
- Is my child's development on track?
Second year of kinder
- Would my child benefit from a second year of kindergarten?
- How can I support my child who is starting kindergarten?
- How can I prepare my child for school?
Please contact the Preschool Field Officer (PSFO) service on 9518 3555 or at PSFO@monash.vic.gov.au
Second Year of Kindergarten
For general information, please contact the Preschool Support Officer on 9518 3530 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to discuss developmental issues concerning your child, please contact the Preschool Field Officer service on 9518 3555.
Early Childhood Teachers – do you need inclusion support for a child?
The Preschool Field Officer (PSFO) service provides consultative support, resourcing and advice to Early Childhood Teachers in government-funded kindergarten programs to support the inclusion, access and meaningful participation of all children.
The PSFO service can provide support to kindergartens that have included, or are planning to include, children with additional needs, who are not already receiving support from an Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) service.
Early Childhood Teachers can request support from the PSFO service when there are concerns about any area of a child’s development, including behaviour, level of participation and school readiness. The PSFO service can also provide inclusion support relating to:
- Developmental observations
- Information and strategies
- Family consultations
- Advice on specialist supports and services
- Resource development
- Program planning and policy development
- Funding applications
Please complete the Preschool Field Officer Service Request(PDF, 255KB) and email to PSFO@monash.vic.gov.au
Please note: Email is inherently insecure. Should you have any concerns, please contact Council to arrange an alternative method of delivery.
For more information, please contact the PSFO service on 9518 3555