Update - Approved proposal May 2020
Council has approved an application for a 5 storey building containing serviced apartments and retail premises at 45-49 Portman Street, Oakleigh.
Council sought community feedback on the application and received 3 objections.
The development was approved subject to more than 20 conditions.
To find out more, please see the report Council considered prior to making its decision: Report to Council(PDF, 632KB)
Enquiries: Jeanny Lui, Principal Planner on 9518 3494.
Council sought community feedback on a proposed 5 storey building containing serviced apartments and retail premises at 45-49 Portman Street, Oakleigh. The subject site is located within the Oakleigh Major Activity Centre and is occupied by a heritage listed commercial building.
Feedback was formally sought by Monday 13 April 2020.
The applicant, Boneng Portman Pty Ltd, is proposing a $6.8 million development that includes:
- Demolition of the rear double storey component and construction of a five storey building behind the existing front single storey section of the building
- The serviced apartments component consisting a total of 55 serviced apartments, a lobby, a gym room and a conference room
- A retail premises on the ground level
- Pedestrian access to both uses via Portman Street
- A total of 28 car parking spaces to be provided behind the building for both uses, accessed via the rear laneway similar to the existing vehicle access arrangement.
Please note that this is a new development application independent of the previous development proposal. The previous development application has been considered including public consultation and VCAT proceedings.
Here are documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Application Form(PDF, 1MB)
Certificate of Title(PDF, 374KB)
Development Plan(PDF, 20MB)
Shadow Plan(PDF, 1MB)
Heritage Report(PDF, 2MB)
Site Context Photos(PDF, 3MB)
Sustainable Management Report(PDF, 5MB)
Town Planning Report(PDF, 8MB)
Transport Impact Assessment(PDF, 7MB)