What is the Monash Seed Library?
The Seed Library encourages members of the City of Monash community to grow their own vegetables, fruits, and herbs in their own gardens (large or small) and then give back to keep the program growing!
Seed Library members can take their choice of seeds each season from the collection, enjoy the growing season and their crops, then ‘return’ any collected seeds from their harvest so that they can be used for the next year’s crop.
The Seed Library will initially be located at our Glen Waverley Library and will extend to other libraries later in the year.
The Seed Library will launch in Autumn 2023.
How does it work?
1. Register online or collect and complete a registration form at Glen Waverley Library.
2. Borrow a maximum of three (3) envelopes of seeds per household per season.
3. Take home your seeds, plant them in your garden and watch them grow!
4. Please save one plant to allow it to go to seed at the end of the season. You can also save leftover seeds that were not planted.
5. Bring back saved seeds to Glen Waverley Library to go back into the Seed Library program for other members to grow.
You are also welcome to donate any other seeds from your garden to give to the program. Donations should be labelled with the name of the seed and the date the seeds were saved. Donation forms are available at the library.
Please note seed packets are not transferable between branches.
We are collecting your personal information for the purpose of your Seed Library request. This information will not be disclosed to any external party without your consent, unless required or authorised by law.
If you wish to gain access to, or alter any personal information you have supplied within this application, please contact our libraries or email: email@example.com