Why We Have a Customer Charter
We are accountable to all our customers and a Customer Charter lets our customers know about the standard of service we aim to achieve in our libraries and wherever else we may be conducting our business.
Our Values & Commitment to You
We make life better
We aim to make life easier for our customers by providing relevant collections and a prompt and helpful information and reference service. We have spaces that accommodate studying, meeting, training, socialising and lifelong learning activities.
We're good at what we do
We are passionate about learning and developing new skills on a regular basis so we can offer assistance across a broad range of customer queries. We recognize emerging trends in reading, learning and technology and are responsive by adapting services, collections and programs as needed.
Let's get there together
We have a clear vision and we plan ahead in the development of services, collections and programs. We consult, work with community partners and respond sincerely to customer feedback so that shared goals can be achieved together.
We do the right thing
We recognize that our customers come from diverse backgrounds, use the library throughout different stages of life and seek a range of materials, services and programs. We are responsive to the diverse needs of our customers and our community at large. We have a positive and flexible attitude.
We love to work
We have a sense of humour and work to high standards and enjoy providing an excellent library service to the community. Staff pursue learning and professional development opportunities both inside and outside of the workplace.
We work hard
We regularly review census data, library usage statistics and other relevant evidence and use it to meaningfully shape our business. We are considered in our approach to collection management, as well as our use of community and library funds and actively seek to improve the customer experience.
How to Make Contact With Us
- You can talk to any of our library staff
- You can phone us at any branch and we will aim to answer within five rings
- You can write to us or complete a Customer Feedback Form in any of our branches and we will respond within ten working days of receipt
- You can email, Facebook or Tweet at us and we will acknowledge or respond within one working day of receipt
How You Can Help
Our high standard of service is best achieved in partnership with you, our customers.
- Respect the rights of other customers
- Ensure children in your care are actively supervised
- Take care of the resources you borrow and return them on time
- Treat our staff with respect and courtesy
- Adhere to library policies
- Use technology in a safe, appropriate manner and report any incidents to library staff
- A reference enquiry service will be available in all library branches during opening hours
- If an item is available for loan at another branch we will transport it to the branch of your choice at no cost
- The service will introduce to the collection an average of 3000 new items per month
- We will conduct a minimum of 1000 activities (children and adult) per year
- A house-bound service will be available to registered customers at least once per month
- New stock will be listed on our online catalogue as soon as possible
How Do We Resolve Your Concerns?
We are committed to resolving any of your concerns. If you feel you have not been provided with the service you expect, you can lodge a complaint with the library service and we will respond in line with Council protocols.
Our email is email@example.com.