Partnerships & Alliances
Monash Council is affiliated with many organisations that support and promote business opportunities both locally and overseas.
Greater South East Melbourne (GSEM)
The Greater South East Melbourne organisation, also known as GSEM, is a group of 8 councils, plus businesses and community leaders. Monash Council is an active group member.
The organisation advocates for jobs, infrastructure, investment, liveability, sustainability and wellbeing for the southeast and everyone who works and lives in the region.
For more information, visit gsem.org.au
Monash Precinct Network
The Monash Precinct is the largest hub for employment and innovation in Victorian outside Melbourne’s CBD and is well-positioned to grow jobs close to where people live.
The City of Monash is part of the Monash Precinct Network, which aims to enhance collaboration between industry, research, education and government, fostering innovation and supporting domestic and international investment opportunities into the Precinct.
For more information, visit monashprecinct.com.au
South East Melbourne Manufacturers Alliance (SEMMA)
Monash Council partners with the non-profit organisation South East Melbourne Manufacturers Alliance (SEMMA).
The member-based organisation is a peak industry group representing more than 200 leading manufacturers in southeast Melbourne.
SEMMA provides its members with:
- Large group-buying power with member-only discounted essential supplies such as energy, steel, aluminium, fuel, freight and services like waste removal, insurances and cleaning.
- Advocacy and lobbying in ongoing regional and national debate regarding the critical need for an innovative and sustainable manufacturing community. SEMMA is consistently approached by State and Federal decision-makers for feedback on issues affecting manufacturing.
- Sharing and networking, turning competitors into allies through shared experience and capability.
For more information, visit semma.com.au
Australia China Business Council (ACBC)
Monash Council has long supported the Australian China Business Council (ACBC), a non-profit, non-government business organisation.
The member-based organisation is the premier business organisation dedicated to promoting business and trade between Australia and the People’s Republic of China.
Monash is a culturally diverse area with a significant Chinese community, and opportunities exist for Monash businesses to strengthen their networks and improve export opportunities with China.
The business council provides member organisations with:
- Online access to information and resources
- Regular communications, events and information programs with opportunities to network with their peers on China business activities.
For more information, visit acbc.com.au