Changing your details, property ownership

To ensure our property records are accurate and up to date, you must tell us of any change of name, address or ownership as soon as possible.

When ownership of a property changes, the liability for payment of rates remains with the owner until a notice of acquisition is received.

Council must be notified in writing.

Failure to submit a notice within one month of a transfer may result in a substantial penalty.

Property Ownership

If you buy, sell or transfer a property between related parties you must advise Council within 28 days by filling in and returning the following form:

Notice of Acquisition of an Interest in Land(PDF, 637KB)

Change of Address or Name

If you change address or change your name with Births, Deaths & Marriages, or change your company name with Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), you must notify Council’s Rates Office in writing: PO Box 1, GLEN WAVERLEY VIC 3150. It is your responsibility to do so.

If it is a personal property fill in:

Personal Change of Name/Address Form(PDF, 738KB)

If it is a company property fill in:

Company Change of Name/Address Form(PDF, 719KB)