1. A Council approved and current Street Performer & Buskers Permit is to be produced when requested by a Local Laws Officer.
2. Performers must be 16 years of age or over at the time of application.
3. Exceptions may be made if the application is supported by an adult, and this adult is present at all performances given under the terms of the Permit. This adult may be one of the performers for whom the Permit is sought.
4. Street performing is only to be conducted between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm.
5. The performer is required to indemnify and keep indemnified, the Monash City Council against any liability arising from the negligent acts of the performer in connection with the performance.
6. No street performer may obstruct any footpath, carriageway, shop entrance and/or exit, or other public or private thoroughfare. The space occupied by the performer and all equipment should not exceed 1 metre in depth from the shopfront or other appropriate boundary unless otherwise approved by Council.
7. The street performer(s) must obtain the permission of the shopkeeper(s)/trader(s) with premises directly adjacent to the performance area before performing, and must cease performing immediately if requested to do so by premises occupier.
8. Performance location must be changed at least every 2 hours, unless otherwise approved by the shopkeeper(s)/trader(s).
9. A suitable receptacle for the receipt of public donations can be placed within the performance area. No active soliciting of money from the public is permitted.
10. No selling of tapes, printed matter or other items is permitted without the express approval of Council.
11. No electronic amplification of musical instruments is permitted.
12. Permits are current for 4 months only from the date of issue. Re-application will be required from performers who wish to renew their permits.
13. The Council reserves the right to revoke any permit issued to a street performer by the City of Monash without notice in the event of any breech of these conditions.
Note: Permission to perform in privately owned Undercover Shopping Centres must be sought from the Shopping Centre’s Administration. These facilities are not under the jurisdiction of Council.