We are committed to supporting community groups and artists to remain agile and responsive to issues that arise in the local Monash community.
The General Quick Response Grant stream is designed to support local community groups and individual creative efforts to assist in strengthening community and building cohesion and whose project, program or issue may arise outside of the normal funding cycle of the Monash Community Grant Program.
This program ensures that Council can continue to support community groups to respond to issues as they arise.
2022-2023 Quick Response Grants - Allocation Summary(PDF, 117KB)
Quick Response Grants Recipients - Report to Council Meeting on 26 April 2023(PDF, 202KB)
Quick Response Grants Recipients - Report to Council Meeting on 31 January 2023(PDF, 208KB)
Quick Response Grants Recipients - Report to Council Meeting on 29 November 2022(PDF, 267KB)
Applicants are able to apply for up to $5,000. The General Quick Response Grants are open for activities that will take place between 1 July 2023 - 30 June 2024.
To be eligible to receive a Quick Response Grant, applicants must:
- be an incorporated community group with not for profit status or auspiced by an eligible organisation or be an individual artist with an ABN
- deliver the funded activity/services within the City of Monash boundaries
- maintain public liability insurance cover for a minimum of $20 million
- have no debts to Council and have completed all previous Monash Community Grants Program funding acquittal requirements
- be able to deliver the project by 30 June 2024.
Grants that address the following issues are encouraged:
- building community and cultural connections
- mental health
- family violence
- gender equality
- health promotion (increasing healthy eating and physical activity, reducing alcohol consumption, gambling and smoking)
- community safety
- early parenting
- initiatives promoting racial tolerance and inter-culturalism
- resilience and recovery.
Previous funding from other Monash Council Grants Programs has no effect on an applicant’s eligibility to apply.
If you have an innovative idea, please contact the Monash Community Grants Team on 9518 3568 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss it.
What won’t be funded
The following requests are ineligible and will not be funded:
- Commercial/for-profit projects/services
- Fundraising activities
- Capital infrastructure
- Gifts and prizes
- Groups who meet in venues that have Electronic Gaming Machines (EGMs)
- Projects/services that are inconsistent with Council’s objectives; partisan political in nature or that duplicate other existing projects/services
- Community groups who hold significant financial reserves
- Those that are the funding responsibility of another tier of governments.