Update - April 2023
The application was due to be considered at the April 26 Council meeting but was withdrawn at the applicant's request after having lodged a Section 57(a) Amendment (amendment request after advertising) on Monday 24 April 2023. The amendment must be assessed before Council reconsiders the application.
The decision is available at Council Decisions.
Council has received a planning application for the proposed $4 million development and use of 31-33 High Street Road, Ashwood, comprising:
- A 4-storey building (3 storeys plus basement level), with a height of 14.13m to the roofline, and a maximum height of 16.3m to the lift overrun, to be used as a medical centre for 16 specialists with proposed hours of operation Monday to Friday, 8am-10pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 8am-8pm.
- A total of 44 parking spaces, which satisfies the Scheme requirements, with 16 of them laid out in a tandem arrangement. 33 of the spaces are located within the basement, the rest are at-grade, with 6 spaces directly accessed off the right-of-way. 12 bicycle spaces are proposed.
- 2 vehicle crossings provided to Kennett Street, with no access provided to High Street Road except from the right-of-way.
- Alteration of access to a road in a Transport Zone 2 due to removal of the existing vehicle crossing to High Street Road.
- Removal of 2 restrictive covenants that were previously varied at the Supreme Court in 2017:
- Preventing removal of materials (earth, clay, stone, gravel or sand), except in connection with the residential development and use of the land, and the erection of hoarding for advertisement.
- Preventing removal of materials, except in connection with the residential development use of the land, and the construction of more than one residential apartment building.
- Removal of 2 trees exceeding 10m in height (a 14m Ginkgo biloba and 18m Waterhousia floribunda), plus all other vegetation on site.
- Display of 11 signs, comprising 1 internally illuminated business identification sign, 2 floodlit business identification signs and 8 business identification signs.
Here are the documents that have been submitted by the applicant:
Advertised Acoustic Report(PDF, 6MB)
Advertised Arborist Report(PDF, 5MB)
Advertised Copies of Title and Details of Covenant Removal(PDF, 13MB)
Advertised Landscape Plan(PDF, 13MB)
Advertised Planning Report(PDF, 868KB)
Advertised Plans and Elevations(PDF, 18MB)
Advertised Sustainable Management Plan(PDF, 3MB)
Advertised Traffic Management Plan(PDF, 3MB)
Advertised Waste Management Plan(PDF, 2MB)
Community Information Session
A community information session was held on:
Date: Wednesday 15 March 2023
Time: 6pm - 7pm
Location: Online via Zoom
How to provide feedback
Any person who may be affected by the proposal may lodge an objection or provide feedback to Council. Objections must be made in writing.
Objections should detail any concerns you have regarding the proposal, reasons for the objection, how you would be affected by the proposal and include your name, postal address and reference to TPA/54467.
Please provide feedback/objection in writing to Council by 23 March 2023.
Please quote the Application Number TPA/54467.